This year is the first year that I have made Valentines with my kids. Since Carson is having a Valentines party in his class next week we got online in search of easy and cute valentine cards. I finally happened upon these:

I love that we get to use pencils (I love pencils for some odd reason) and they were very simple. Just a cardstock cut out of a heart, a short message, and some hole punches. Carson's job is to put his name on the bottom and slide the pencils through the holes. Like so:

(Is this not the cutest signature? I love his "R.")
We also found these:

They were a little more labor intensive (using the template, cutting out and gluing the eyes, etc.) But they were just so darn cute, I couldn't resist making a few.
In the end, Carson and I had fun making these together. And hopefully his friends will have fun getting them! (And feel free to copy us...unless, of course, you're planning on going to the same Valentines party as us...then that might be awkward. But if you need some more ideas check
here.)
3 comments:
They look very cute! I love making valentines with my kids. And I love that you used pencils and not candy!
Those are so cute and creative! I'm sure his friends will love them. I love his R too!
My kids LOVE getting cool pencils. Somehow it makes homework so much more bearable. I'm sure they will be a big hit!
Post a Comment