She also battled cancer too many times during her long life. It was on my birthday this year that she was taken into the hospital to have her lungs drained and they discovered a large mass around her heart. Sadly, cancer would be the victor this time. In her last battle 10 years ago the treatment nearly claimed her life, but instead we were given another decade to share with her. So many of her grandchildren were married. So many great-grandchildren were born. So many wonderful moments were shared. All of these pictures were taken within these past 10 years.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Till We Meet Again
This morning my sweet Grandma, Bonnie Jean Wooters Jensen went home. We are so relieved that she can now leave her ailing body behind for a while and be united with all of her loved ones who have already passed on. I feel particularly blessed to have had such a wonderful relationship with her. She was a great woman. She joined the church when her children were young, and raised her 4 sons to live righteous lives. In turn, her sons raised righteous families, and now their families continue to raise righteous families today. It's a pretty great legacy to be a part of.
She also battled cancer too many times during her long life. It was on my birthday this year that she was taken into the hospital to have her lungs drained and they discovered a large mass around her heart. Sadly, cancer would be the victor this time. In her last battle 10 years ago the treatment nearly claimed her life, but instead we were given another decade to share with her. So many of her grandchildren were married. So many great-grandchildren were born. So many wonderful moments were shared. All of these pictures were taken within these past 10 years.



Thank you for everything Grandma. We love you, and we'll see you again.
She also battled cancer too many times during her long life. It was on my birthday this year that she was taken into the hospital to have her lungs drained and they discovered a large mass around her heart. Sadly, cancer would be the victor this time. In her last battle 10 years ago the treatment nearly claimed her life, but instead we were given another decade to share with her. So many of her grandchildren were married. So many great-grandchildren were born. So many wonderful moments were shared. All of these pictures were taken within these past 10 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Thanks for posting these pictures Maren. You are right; it is a pretty great legacy to be a part of.
I had the great experience of living with Grandma and Grandpa right before going on my mission. I know that I benefitted from their strength going out into the field, and I couldn't be more grateful for Grandma's testimony and the way she was able to share it by her actions. I know we will see her again.
Maren, I'm so sorry. Grandparents are the greatest, and it is so hard to say goodbye even if it is for a short time. You and your family are in my prayers.
I'm so sorry. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. {{{hugs}}}
I'm sorry for your loss. Wow, she sounded like a terrific woman. How lucky for you to have had her around for so long. Thank goodness for the gospel! Our prayers are with you guys!
p.s. just on a lighter note, thanks for the valentine inspiration. they turned out totally cute...and super easy! Thanks again!
I seriously feel lucky I got to know her, even if it was only for a short time. I LOVE that last picture; definitely frame-worthy.
Grandmas are the best! Sorry for your loss. We are blessed to know we will see out loved ones again some day!
Post a Comment