Monday, February 22, 2010

The Funeral

I got to go this past weekend to my grandmother's funeral. While Dustin and the boys would have loved to come with me, it just wasn't possible, so I went alone. It was a little strange not to have them with me, but I think I was able to fully experience the range of sad to sweet without the distraction of my kids.

Everything was so nice. It was cold and raining when we got to the mortuary for her viewing and funeral service, but by the time of the burial, the sun had come out and despite the chilly wind, it was rather nice for a winter day in Utah. Here are my grandpa and all his boys. They all paid such a wonderful memorial to their mother at the funeral. I loved hearing all the funny stories about my grandma, some of which I had never heard before.It was also a great opportunity for me to spend some time with my own brothers and some their families. (How cute are my two baby nieces?)
It was a short but meaningful weekend, and I owe a lot to my husband and especially my mother-in-law who made it possible for me to go (and not have to worry about my own boys while I was gone).

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Glad you were able to go! Wish we could have seen you, but we will see you soon enough! Cute nieces for sure!