Saturday, November 28, 2009

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear

I'm so happy that I got 95% of our Christmas things up today. It was a full day. We had breakfast with the whole family, and then sent the out-of-towners off around noon. (Miss you all already, the kids are wondering where you went!) Then I came home to put Jensen down for a nap and jumped on the Christmas decorations. It only took 1/2 of our Saturday - and that was with putting up a new tree and adding hangers to all the new ornaments! Here's the new tree (mostly for my mom who never gets to see my house at Christmas.)I had some gift cards to redeem at Lowes and since we couldn't think of anything else we needed for the house, I finally got a nice tree. Also figured I'd invest in some pretty "shatter proof" ornaments for the tree. The kids had such fun putting the ornaments on... until my control freak side entered and I told them they were all done, and it was mommy's turn.

I even got the lights up outside. Since Dustin was terribly busy with the BYU/Utah game (cough, cough) it was up to me. Nothing new there, but nothing extreme either. However, I did get some more net lights for the bushes out front, so I changed it up this year. I'm calling it good for our house (once again, photo for mom here... the rest of you locals are welcome to come by and look at our pathetic lights anytime you like!)I'm so happy it's Christmas. I love it, even though it seems to come around more quickly every year.

7 comments:

EJ said...

Your Christmas tree looks so pretty. And Go Cougars!!! Love it.

The Liddells said...

You're tree is very pretty. And at least you have lights up...I'm TRYING to talk Josh into putting them up but last year I tried the same, and failed. We'll see. I got half of my stuff put out today, but I think tomorrow we're going to put up the tree and decorate it together.

Maren and Dustin said...

Oh Brooke, I do everything for Christmas because Dustin's kind of a Scrooge. Hence, the lights in bushes...since he won't let me climb up on the roof!

Jen said...

Sooooo pretty!!! I hope to have mine finished (and cleaned up - ha ha!) soon!

Jessica said...

Love your tree!

The Mrs. and The Momma said...

Kudos on getting outside lights up. I want to every year, but my idea gets vetoed! The tree looks great, although I wouldn't expect anything less from you, Maren!

Lauren B. said...

Your Christmas tree is beautiful and I'm impressed you did the lights yourself!