Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Here Comes Trouble

(First of all- what a face!)
I thought this shirt was so cute when I bought it for Jensen-even though I don't think he causes that much trouble. But it's pretty accurate for any child of this age!

So today Jensen was unhappy (about seemingly everything) and all he wanted was to snuggle his friends. So I gave him one and we walked out into the living room to find the other. And out of the corner of my eye, as I was walking past him, I noticed that he was looking at his monkey - who was sitting on the ottoman, but he was continuing to walk through the room. He did eventually turn around...but only just in time to smack his forehead on the corner of the brown arched wall which separates our living room and kitchen! And this was one of those full on facial knockouts- he just dropped to the ground. Poor kid. It's kinda hard to tell in these pictures, but if you look, you can see the brow to hairline bump and bruise over his left eye. I did get a cold pack on it pretty quickly, and I'm hoping to have minimized some of the damage.
It's just in time for us to take family pictures next week- Oh Joy!

7 comments:

Angela said...

Oh ouch! I swear boys always have a bruise somewhere on there foreheads until they are 3! Especialy if there are family pictures involved! Hope it feels better soon!

SD and EJ said...

So sad! Those kind of days are so hard (for you and your kid).

Jessica said...

Yeah, Josh was getting over a shiner one year for our pictures . . . boys.

Maren and Dustin said...

I think I may have gotten lucky, because it seems to be doing pretty well- hopefully it won't be noticeable by next Tuesday!

Jenn said...

Oh poor kid! Its nothing a little make up cant fix! ha ha! J/K! Cant wait to see you guys!

Jen said...

Awwww! Poor Jensen! Give him a hug from Sister B.!

Kristi said...

Aww, bless his heart...I feel for the little gipper. He sure is a cutie, bump or no bump.