Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

We have many reasons to give thanks this year. We were blessed to have Dustin's siblings here for the holiday. (Our kids absolutely love Aunt Jennifer, Uncle Adam and Uncle Jason!) We also had a pretty awesome meal to share- and we probably could have shared it with twice as many people- holy food! Here's a little close up of my pie!One of my favorite things we did this year was making a Thankful Tree. A couple of days earlier we traced the boys arms and hands to make two trees and hand shaped leaves. Then while everyone was getting the food ready, Carson went around to each person with a "leaf" and a pen and asked them what they were thankful for. We were thankful for family, friends, creations, crayons and brownies...just to name a few! Then we hung it up so we could all enjoy.We hope you had reason to rejoice with thanksgiving this year as well!

2 comments:

The Liddells said...

That pie looks delicious!!!! And, I really like the thankful tree. I'm going to keep that in mind for when I have kids. I don't think I would be able to get Josh to join in unless there were kids involved. Haha

Jen said...

Yummy looking pie!!! Glad you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!