Alright, well, not so furious, but this week has gone by fast! Mostly because we made a spontaneous trip to Dallas. Our friends the Neeley's were there visiting family for Thanksgiving and Dustin needed to go up to Dallas for work, so we jumped on the opportunity. Dustin's boss encouraged him to take us (me and the kids) and go to a resort the next time he had to go on a marketing trip, and having our friends there to entertain me and the boys was the perfect way to do it!
We stayed at the Wolf Creek Lodge in Grapevine, TX. It was very family friendly. The coolest thing was their indoor water park. We were so glad that the Neeley's got guest passes and spent a morning swimming with us. Carson had a blast- he even went down the kiddie slides and LOVED them. Dustin never did get to play in the water, because he was working both days that we were there. But we did get to go to dinner with Sheri and Derek (no kids, except for little Jensen) which was great. We wished that we could have squeezed in a game of Cities and Knights, but by the time we got done with dinner our kids were exhausted and we decided to be good parents and put them to bed. It really was too short of a visit, but since they live far away in Omaha, NE, we were sure glad we took the opportunity to see them (even if we did have to spend a LOT of time driving to do so - darn holiday traffic!)
We stayed at the Wolf Creek Lodge in Grapevine, TX. It was very family friendly. The coolest thing was their indoor water park. We were so glad that the Neeley's got guest passes and spent a morning swimming with us. Carson had a blast- he even went down the kiddie slides and LOVED them. Dustin never did get to play in the water, because he was working both days that we were there. But we did get to go to dinner with Sheri and Derek (no kids, except for little Jensen) which was great. We wished that we could have squeezed in a game of Cities and Knights, but by the time we got done with dinner our kids were exhausted and we decided to be good parents and put them to bed. It really was too short of a visit, but since they live far away in Omaha, NE, we were sure glad we took the opportunity to see them (even if we did have to spend a LOT of time driving to do so - darn holiday traffic!)And wouldn't you know, even though I carried my camera around the whole time, I never took a single picture!
Otherwise, our week was great. We had a good (and yummy) Thanksgiving and we were brave enough to venture out on Black Friday (to Costco because I needed diapers). I even started getting Christmas up at our house. Now...on to the next crazy 3 weeks.

9 comments:
I'm glad you guys got to get away on a fun little trip. It's always nice to see old friends!
I went shopping on Friday too. It was crazy, but I enjoyed it!
Sounds like Thanksgiving was a blast for the Brudnickis! I never seem to rememeber to take pictures, either. I'm loving the new background on your blog. And are those the most recent family pics on the sidebar? They turned out way cute!!
Love the new background! Love the new family pictures!
So fun! It looks really warm--in comparison! I'm glad you had fun and got to see Sheri. Enjoy decorating.
That is so fun! We tried to do that once but never worked out, Darn. Guess who I saw the other day! Dan, He is doing so good and teaching at head quaters now but still has a little hand in the bakery. Oh and I saw Julia! Wow! Small world. She is divorced and working in the mall now! It is always fun to see old friends - speaking of that are you guys coming this way any time soon?
Oh Maren, we had so much fun with you guys. It was absolutely the highlight of our trip that you came up! We were feeling so bad that Dustin had to work the whole time and didn't get to enjoy Great Wolf Lodge while he was there, but we're just so glad it worked out and you were willing to face the I-35 corridor so you could see us! It's going to be a long winter here - I'm already planning my next Texascape!
Maren! I'm so happy I found you! How have you been, check out my blog!
Your trip and resort stay sound awesome!! It's always nice to take a quick weekend getaway!
We've been wanting to check that place out. Looks like a fun weekend gettaway!
Post a Comment