Thursday, November 20, 2008

Great Bags and a Good Cause

For you friends and family of ours that are far away, I wanted to let you know about some friends in our ward here. Angela and Kevin Hodges recently lost their baby girl, Kaiya, after her two week struggle with hypoplastic right heart syndrome. It's been a sad time for our ward family as we have been striving to help the Hodges in anyway that we can. Not only do they have to carry the burden of sorrow and longing for a lost child, but they also have to deal with the financial strain of medical bills and a long distance funeral. I know there are some of you out there who can sympathize as you have also sent your little ones home to their Father in Heaven and many more of you who have trudged through lengthy hospital stays.

SO! I was thinking that a great way to help would be to get the word out about Angela's business. She sells way cute hand bags, totes and diaper bags for very reasonable prices. Some of you may recall that earlier this spring I became the proud owner of an adorable new purse (which doubles as my diaper bag thanks to my Pink Lemonade diaper caddy). I always get compliments wherever I go, and I've just loved my bag.
Here's a link to her online boutique: Afton and Elaine's! The last I heard from Angela, she didn't have anymore bags in the same fabric as mine, but they have the same style.

Her shipping prices are also very reasonable. So if you're looking for a bag for yourself, or need a great gift idea this holiday season, please check out her stuff. You can feel good about helping someone in need...and get a cute bag too! Who can resist that!?

4 comments:

Marj said...

I will let my friends and family know about the website.

Lauren B. said...

I am so sorry to hear about her baby. That has to be the hardest thing anyone could go through.

I looked at her website tonight and those bags are really cute.

Relief Society said...

hey Mar! I am so sorry to hear about your friends baby. I LOOOOVE the hand bags, I am going to get a couple and will for sure pass on the website to my family and friends! I hope they find peace during this difficult time... Miss ya girl!
Brenda

Rebecca said...

What a horrible thing to go through. She is lucky to have a friend like you.