Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Well, I can't say our Independence Day celebrations were anything out of the ordinary, or even patriotic. We hung out all morning (while Dustin was out golfing!) had a BBQ with Grandma and Grandpa Brudnicki and then we headed over to the Buda City Park to watch fireworks. It was fun, though. The fireworks were average, but they had music playing during the display, and I thought that was pretty neat. (Not as good as the Boston Pops, but hey, at least I didn't have to watch this on TV!)

I think Carson had more fun playing with his little glow stick thing that Dustin bought him than he did watching the fireworks show. But he got pretty excited at the finale. Even Jensen stayed awake for most of it, his little eyes glued the sky. This is the first time we've been able to see fireworks together with our kids. And while I always enjoy fireworks, I loved being able to look down at my children and watch the reflexion of the lights on their innocent and awe filled faces.

And I have to say the weather was remarkably nice. It helped that it rained a couple of hours prior to the show. It really cooled it off outdoors. It also created a spectacular rainbow! And even though my photography is sub-par, you can see a little of it behind the boys. I always knew this is what would be at the end of the rainbow!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Happy 4th of July! Yours sounded great!! And I love that the wether has been so nice--it's so weird and I love it.

Amber Grannis said...

Cute picture of your boys at the end of the rainbow! :) Glad to see you had a great 4th!

Rebecca said...

"I always knew this is what would be at the end of the rainbow." Okay, so how sweet are you! You have such lucky men in your life!