Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Halloween Festivities

We had a successful Halloween this year. We really don't do much, other than the standard trick-or-treating, church trunk-or-treating and our Halloween cookie painting party. But now that my kids are getting bigger, we've enjoyed a couple of years of pumpkin carving. It's always a little tricky here in Texas, because it's usually very warm at Halloween, so we can't carve our pumpkins too early. (We learned that the hard way.) This year we timed it pretty well. 

I let all the big boys pick out their own pumpkins this year. It wasn't until after the fact that I realized that Dustin was out of town till just a couple of days before Halloween, so I was going to have to supervise this project on my own. But it worked out well. The boys were awesome about cleaning out the insides of their pumpkins (once I had scraped them down really well inside) and they helped pick out the designs. Carson and Jensen helped transfer the designs and did some of the carving. They turned out great!
 Mason loved his Mickey Mouse pumpkin. (I did too- can we say easy-peasy?)
Jensen has been learning about bats at school recently, so his choice was very obvious.
 Carson actually carved his all on his own! (I just cleaned it up a little for him.) 
 I didn't actually get a picture of the boys on Halloween, so I made sure Dustin took one of us when we did our Trunk-or-Treat the next night. Carson and Jensen loved wearing their ninja costumes again, and Mason and Hudson were SO CUTE in the lion costumes that I made for Carson and Jensen 5 years ago (was it really that long ago?) Plus, it was awesome not to have to "figure out" or make new costumes for everyone this year. It was just what this mama needed. :)


1 comment:

Niki said...

Awww, you have a cute family!