For Red Ribbon Week the school has different themed days. Today was twin day. I kinda hate when they have twin day, because it's a pain sometimes to coordinate with other kids, and I'm always afraid of excluding someone. But, so far, it's been fine.
Carson and his best friend wore "Caring for the Cranes" shirts (along with a ton of other kids they knew!) That worked out perfectly. (These two boys crack me up- they just love being friends.)
Jensen's was a little harder for me, because I don't actually know any of the other parents in his kindergarden class. So I made a few of these silly little shirts, packaged them in a bag with a note to their parents explaining what it was and left my email address. (Then I hoped that no one was going to think I was a big weirdo.) But pleasantly, all 3 of the other boys Jensen wanted to be "twins" with wore their shirts! I even had several of the moms email me, excited to have been included. In case you're wondering, the shirts have a corn stalk + a dog. His teacher is Ms. Corn and she calls her kids her "corn dogs."
And this is a picture of Jensen's class pet, a hedge hog named Chester. Mason loves when we occasionally walk Jensen to class because then we get to see Chester. Today we could actually see his face!




1 comment:
Cute idea, Maren! You're such a cute mom. The boys are sure growing up fast!
Post a Comment