Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fall Festival

 Like I said before, in Kindergarten, they are constantly having events and special days. This past Friday was the annual Fall Festival. This happened to be one of the few activities that I did with Carson when he was in Kinder. The kids get to have an hour of playing, doing experiments, and eating treats. I helped with Jensen's class's table where they made "Monster Goo" out of cornstarch and green water. The kids got a big kick out of mixing that mess with their fingers and watching it go from liquid to solid to liquid again.
I think Jensen's favorite activity was bowling. He stood in the long line for that one a couple of times. This is Jensen and his cute friend Ash (or Sebastian) standing in line. (Ash is one of the Crane kids- it always cracks me up to see him standing next to Jensen. Can you guess who is the older of the two?)
Jensen guessed how big around that pumpkin was and totally nailed it! He was excited to put his string up on the board under "Just Right."

These are a couple of other kids in Jensen's class. The little girl actually gets babysat by her grandparents who happen to live 3 houses down from us. They are the sweetest neighbors, and lately the boys have had fun playing with Olivia.
I took Mason and Hudson with me when we went to the Fall Festival. Mason was so good about letting the big kids do their stuff, but he was excited about going on the hay ride (which didn't have any hay.) He also got to do a cookie walk with Jensen and left with plenty of chocolate smeared on his cute little face.
And this little cutie was so good for me! I'll admit, I wasn't the biggest helper at the class table, but we had more than our fair share of parents, so I don't think anyone cared. 
And we have been loving our cooling weather! It's kinda refreshing to wear a jacket.

No comments: