Friday, December 10, 2010

Sleep, Trees and Teeth

First off, who doesn't love a big ol' baby grin?Mason's wearing this shirt because last night he actually went the whole night without waking up for a feeding! I'm not saying it was exactly "silent" but it was definitely nice not to be sitting on the couch for 45 minutes during the middle of the night. And as any nursing mother can sympathize, I was eager to feed this boy this morning! Who knows if he'll be doing this again any time soon, but it was a milestone worth documenting!

Carson was doing some coloring during the little boy's nap time this afternoon, and he asked me to guess what he was drawing. From the looks of his color pallet I guessed it was some sort of nature picture. A forest perhaps? Nope. When he got a little more drawn he asked me to guess again. I could see that his tree had circles in it, so I guessed an apple tree. Wrong again. When he finally got done, he showed me his masterpiece. "It's a family tree, Mom."Is that not the cutest thing ever?!!! I don't know where he came up with this, because I can't remember ever making a family tree with him before, but I was super impressed. He even spelled all the names by himself! (And we hope his cousin Drew likes it, because he sent it in the mail to him with a little letter written next to the picture.)

And lastly, Carson was complaining that his teeth hurt during lunch. I really didn't think too much of it, until that afternoon, when he complained about it again. I checked out his mouth and asked him which tooth was bothering him. Sure enough, his bottom right tooth wiggled when I touched it. He, of course, is very excited. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the cutest boys! That family tree is so sweet!

The Mrs. and The Momma said...

Tyler Bree looked a little scared when I told her Carson had a loose tooth....I told her she was next!

That's such an adorable picture of Mason...so cute!!!

Jenn said...

WOW! They sure are growing so fast!! miss and love you all! Merry Christmas!