Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ho, Ho, How do you keep your kids busy?

I really love that Jensen and Carson both go to Mother's Day Out. It makes it possible for me to do so many things. Plus, they get to do all sorts of fun things when they are there. So since they're off for the Christmas break, I decided to step it up and do some fun things at home, too.

The boys helped me with a YW's activity by testing out some graham cracker "gingerbread" houses. I was my typical control freak self, hence the reason it looks like I did it, but as I said, I was working on an activity. We have plenty of leftovers, so making some more "free-spirited" houses are on the agenda for this weekend.I've also been encouraging them to actually play with their toys (instead of destroying everything in the house that is NOT a toy.) So we made Lego Christmas trees. (And I'm totally cracking up at this picture because Jensen is only wearing one of his socks!)This was a fun little craft that we stole from Aunt Stephanie and their cousin Ash. Carson helped me do the preparatory work like cutting out the hats, arms and noses. They also got to keep a few cotton balls out afterwards to play "throw the cotton ball in the bucket" and "cotton ball catch."Lastly, they've been attacking Grandpa Brudnicki.That's not something we typically do to keep busy, I just thought this picture that we took on Sunday was funny.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

cute pictures and activities! I love the picture with them and my dad! Too cute!

Niki said...

That's right. You tell Jensen: Who needs socks anyway?