Tuesday, December 21, 2010

9 Years

I wish I was more technologically savvy, because then I might be able to figure out how to make my scanner work. I really wanted to scan a wedding picture of ours, just so I could laugh about how young and skinny we were. Also, how small our family was when it began 9 years ago. It was just the two of us. Now we've got these 3 little guys to call our own. This is how we spent our actual anniversary. Just the 5 of us. :) But dinner was nice and the boys were well behaved. And they really enjoyed the chocolate cake we all shared for dessert!

After dinner we had fun reminiscing about our wedding day. How I was running late to the temple that morning and when I got there he so romantically told me he thought he was off the hook. Our luncheon at the Lion House. My parents leaving us in the parking garage and us driving away in my little green Ford Escort wagon. The cool "castle" backdrop at our reception that night. How we had to stop at a gas station on our way home from the reception to buy beef jerky because we were so hungry. All the funny little things that made that day "ours."

And don't worry, Dustin and I are planning on going out to dinner tomorrow night, where we won't have to order from the kids menu and ask for extra napkins. At least I won't. :)

5 comments:

The Liddells said...

Glad you guys had a good anniversary!!!!!

Sheri said...

We had our 9th Anniversary at Applebees... your looks more upscale AND you're going out again. I remember at least part of your wedding day, and one year I found out I was pregnant on your anniversary. Hope it was a good one for ya!

Maren and Dustin said...

Haha Sheri! Last year I found out I was pregnant with Mason on our anniversary. :)

Niki said...

Seems like your anniversary brings baby news! Isn't amazing how fast time flies? Didn't 9 years seem like such a long time back then? And now it seems like not even a drop in the bucket. I'm glad there is eternity. Have a fun date night without kids!

Jenn said...

Sorry I forgot and did not tell you that night while we were on the phone. Happy Anniversary!! It is crazy how 9 years have passed so fast!