Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Newest Arrival

We are so excited to finally have Mason here. He was born Monday morning, August 23rd, at the first stroke of midnight. It was a bit of a rough day leading up (with 2 trips to the hospital), but such a relief to be done with the ordeal. We didn't quite expect such a big guy, clearly our biggest at 10lbs, 12oz! They measured him at 21 1/2 inches long, with a 15 inch head. Did I mention I didn't have an epidural? Yeah... enough said.And the boys were excited to meet their new brother. Jensen is still concerned when he hears Mason crying, but I think he'll be a good helper. Here he is trying to give Mason his paci.
Carson was happy to meet him, too. (But honestly, I think he was more excited about the trains that he and Jensen got as a gift from his new baby brother.) :)
And this is our family all together. I cringe to post this picture, as it is not so flattering of me, but try to ignore how unbelievably swollen I am, and enjoy the cute guys surrounding me.

14 comments:

SD and EJ said...

He is HUGE! And cute. :) Why didn't you have an epidural? By choice? What a cute family!

Angela said...

Congratulations! Wow, what a big boy! You are amazing. He is so adorable. I am glad everything went well. Can't wait to meet him. I love the big brother pictures, so cute!

Jenn said...

So cute! I am glad everything went well! I cant wait to see you guys!

Melissa said...

Yeah he finally made it! Congrats. What a woman to get that 10lb baby out without an epidural! May you recover quickly. Congrats again!

Unknown said...

That is soooo exciting!!! I have checked your blog every day to see if you've had your baby yet!! I am so glad that you have! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to be on the recovery train too!!! 7 days to go! Good Luck with your 3 little boys we sure love boys!! CONGRATS MAREN!

Maren and Dustin said...

Steph- I didn't get the epidural because I knew it would make my delivery more efficient and my recovery better. I feel great now, even though labor was truly horrible!

Unknown said...

congrats, maren! what a gorgeous, big boy! i'm very partial to the name mason! :) does he have a middle name?

Anonymous said...

He's got some serious c heeks on him. What a cutie, and Maren, you are The Woman! Wow!
Sheri

Nycole said...

Congrats! He is a cutie and Maren you should get a medal! I can't believe you didn't have an epidural. I am glad you are all doing well and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

The Mrs. and The Momma said...

You're one tough mama! Congrats and I can't wait to meet Mason! So cute!

Amber said...

Wow, you are an amazing mama!! Congratulations. Cute family and you look great for just pushing out a baby!!! Such a blessing!

Rebecca said...

I had an epidural not work, but that baby was only 6.6. I cannot begin to imagine an almost 11 pounder. Wow. He is adorable. I bet his newborn pics will be awesome with all that chunkiness to show off! Congratulations! I am in awe.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He looks like he's already more than half Jensen's size!

Michelle said...

Congrats! You are Wonder Woman! I don't think I could deliver a 10 pound baby without an epidural.

Love the name Mason, it goes well with the other boy's names too. Hope everyone is adjusting well!