Saturday, August 14, 2010

A little MORE summer fun

This has been one long week of waiting. This baby was all excited to come, until my mom got here, and now he's decided he's cool with hanging out in my uterus a bit longer. Grrrrr…children.

Other than making me unbelievably cranky and uncomfortable (with ever swelling feet, legs, hands, lips… you name it) it has also made this a tough week for the big boys. About half way through the week we decided to start doing some fun activities with them, because they were driving us crazy. We took Grandma Jensen shopping, to the Jumpy Place, and even out to Gatti Town (the boys favorite treat). Today it was off to the pool at their other grandma's house. It was a good choice, since there was hardly anyone there, and besides the pool, they have an awesome splash pad.It was a wonderful summer morning distraction. I even got in the deep end with Jensen and enjoyed the water myself. Hopefully this new little guy won't waste too much more time getting here. I'm beginning to run out of fun ideas for everyone else!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Be patient, remember that you're not even due yet and every pregnancy is different. Hang in there!

Maren and Dustin said...

Seriously, this past week just plain humbled me. (But if you saw what I looked like Sheri, you would be blown away!)

Unknown said...

Maren we feel the same way! This waiting game is not fun and just makes us all cranky. We are still waiting for Grandma to come too, so were not quite ready but I am so ready to be done!! I check your blog like everyday to see if you have had your little bundle yet. Hopefully I'll see the joyful post soon! Good Luck!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah number 3 did me in a bit - physically and emotionally - I was a huge pregnant lunatic. It's worth it - the end is in sight, you're doing great!
-Sheri