So we invited Ben and his family (who we love) and had a super simple party. We had pizza for dinner (I didn't even have to order it- thanks Dustin!) Then, the kids watched a Thomas movie while they went crazy with all our train tracks!Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Happy Birthday Carson!
It's a day late, but when you're 5, birthdays can last for a while, so I don't feel too bad. :) I have been warning Carson for months that for this birthday he was not going to get a big party with all his friends. I knew it would simply be too difficult for me to be able to pull that off this year. But I did tell him he could invite 1 friend to come for a little party. Without hesitation, he chose his friend, Ben. Ben is a special little boy in our ward. One of the things that makes Ben unique is that he doesn't use words to communicate. But Carson doesn't care. What Carson knows is that both he and Ben LOVE trains!
So we invited Ben and his family (who we love) and had a super simple party. We had pizza for dinner (I didn't even have to order it- thanks Dustin!) Then, the kids watched a Thomas movie while they went crazy with all our train tracks!
I did make a cake (with the help of my mom) and we decorated it with 2 new trains that Carson wanted for his birthday.
Carson also got some really great and thoughtful presents from his friend and grandparents. He really did have a great time. It totally confirms my theory that kids do not need extravagant parties to have a fun and special birthday.
Lastly, while talking about the fun time we had last night, Carson said this morning (with the sweetest sincerity) "Mom, I'm glad the baby wasn't born yesterday." And as much as I really want to have this kid, I whole heartedly agreed!
So we invited Ben and his family (who we love) and had a super simple party. We had pizza for dinner (I didn't even have to order it- thanks Dustin!) Then, the kids watched a Thomas movie while they went crazy with all our train tracks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Happy Birthday Carson!
Happy Birthday Carson! I can not believe you are 5!! Cant wait to see all of you!
So smart to do something simple. It looks like Carson and Ben had fun. Happy Birthday Carson from Aryana and Kinsley.
What fun! Maren I seriously look at your blog everyday to see if you have had your baby yet. I feel like we are totally in the same boat. Good Luck especially with the being patient part which right now seems the hardest thing ever, for me anyways.
Happy no. 5 Carson!!! Tyler Bree and Riley wish you a very Happy Birthday. (Thank goodness you don't have to share it with a little brother!) Have fun with your trains!
Post a Comment