Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Second Quick Trip

I did not exactly expect to be traveling again during this year. (In fact, I pretty much imposed a self restriction on travel for the rest of my pregnancy after our Easter trip to Utah.) But when my Grandma Brown passed away last Friday, I knew I needed to go and be there for my mom. To be honest, I was a little nervous about traveling, since I had already begun to have some swelling issues in my feet, and I knew flying would only make it worse. Surprisingly, my feet fared pretty well. And the trip was totally worth it.This is my mom, two of her sisters, and their daughters. (Maybe it's the angle, but I don't look very pregnant!)My mom did so much- she even had to speak at the funeral. She did a wonderful job. I know it was a stressful week (really, a stressful year!) and she was so gracious to everyone who came.

We took some of the flowers from the funeral over to my Grandma Jensen's grave. She still doesn't have her headstone, but it was nice to put these flowers by her marker.And I was really glad my brothers, sister-in-law, and I were able to go over and see my Grandpa Jensen. He had a bad fall not too long ago, and has had a tough time recovering. I was fully aware that this may be my last chance to see him, and was so glad we remembered to take a picture with him. It was so nice to see my parents and a couple of my brothers again. (It seems so strange that I've seen Mark and Emily 3 times this year- a really rare occurrence!) I think I should take vacations by myself more often… as much as I missed my boys, it was kinda nice not to have to do 30 things before 9 am!

No comments: