Friday, May 21, 2010

Today

Today was a unique day. We gained a new member of the family. My little brother and his wife had their second little munchkin this afternoon. I know my sister-in-law is excited not to be pregnant anymore! Congratulations to them on little Cohen- can't wait to see him for ourselves.
We also lost a member of the family. My grandma Brown passed away early this morning. We're so happy that she's been able to return home and especially to be reunited with her sweetheart. Her last season here in mortality was challenging in many ways, and although there is a sense of sadness, there is also overwhelming joy and gratitude.

My grandma was born a premie. A difficult obstacle even today, but considering that she came to earth over 80 years ago, it truly is a testament that she was meant to come to earth, and she had a special mission. I always loved that my grandma was little (due to being born prematurely, she was a rather petite woman). We loved going to Arizona to visit her and Granddad. I can still remember their home, and even the toys we loved to play with! Grandma Brown was always very sweet and she and Granddad always sent us 2 dollar bills on our birthdays. My favorite story about her is how she and my Granddad met on their 1st missions (and even got engaged while still missionaries!)

I feel badly that our last couple of visits to St. George, I neglected to take any pictures with Grandma. But I do have some from a visit I took in the summer of 2008. Doesn't she look lovely?I'm also cracking up at these pictures, because, well, Jensen is a baby and Carson looks so little! And this picture makes me laugh every time I see it! I love these people!Goodbye Grandma, we love you!

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Grandma. I'm so thankful to have the gospel and the knowledge this life is not the end and that families are forever. Many hugs my friend!

Niki said...

Congratulations to your brother! Holy cow, it is so weird when these "kids" that were younger are having kids. I don't see them grow up, so it is weird when I find out they have. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it is just the way it is for me. I'm sorry for your loss, but it is so nice that there is the knowledge of the gospel.

Our Little Family said...

So sorry about your cute gramma! I'm glad you have recent pictures of her because it's so nice to remember them once in a while and show your kids! :) Cute new nephew!! I love the thumb in his mouth!!