Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mama Mia

It's been a wonderful Mother's Day. I got my very first "school" made Mother's Day gift from Carson. So cute! Here I am opening it (Carson took the picture.)It is a very cute (and very glittery, I might add) votive holder. The little tag says, "Mom, you light up my life!" I, of course, love it. :)
We also used "Mother's Day" as an excuse to get a new vacuum cleaner. Our old one (which is the ONLY vacuum we've owned) finally gave up a week or two ago, so after much online research I decided on this. It's a Miele canister vac. I'll admit, I'm still getting used to not having an upright vacuum, but so far I like it. It cleans, it's quiet, light weight, and it even works well on my hard floors!
Lastly, I asked Dustin to make me a special present- Cinnamon Rolls. So I made some dough for him last night, and this morning, he (and some little helpers) made some delicious cinnamon rolls for me.I will not freely admit how many I have already eaten, but I WILL attest to how yummy they are! Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mother's I know (my own, most of all!)

5 comments:

Niki said...

Yummy, now you've got me hungry for cinnamon rolls. Happy Mother's Day--it really is the best job in the world!

EJ said...

You can eat however many you want because #1 it's Mother's Day and #2 you're pregnant. Calories don't count today. :)

Kristen said...

Wow! What a great mother's day you're having! You deserve it - you're such a cute mama!

Jen said...

Okay your Mother's Day sounds eerily like mine! LOL!!!! Jason made me cinnamon rolls! I'm getting a new vacuum - waiting for the costco coupon to go in effect. And I had the school gifts from the kiddos. :D Glad you had a wonderful mother's day! :)

Maren and Dustin said...

Jen! That's so funny!