When we moved into this house I pretty much tripled my kitchen cabinet space. I had cabinets with nothing in them. It was great. Then that strange phenomenon of "stuff" began encroaching on my kitchen. Now, most of my lower cabinets look like this jumbled mess: (So that's where I put the napkins!)
Because we have builder basic everything in this house, the cabinet interiors are just that. Basic. So we weren't getting maximum storage space out of anything.Until I discovered my new favorite store. The Container Store. I have always wanted to check this place out, and this past weekend, my dream came true. Inside I found all sorts of great storage/organizational tools. I decided to get just a few. One was a little 3 tiered shelf for all my spices. I love it. It was $7.99 and totally worth every penny. The other two were a bit more, and required quite a bit more work. But now I have this:
Now, I did these all by myself (the measuring, drilling, rearranging, bending over with a baby in the way…) and hence, feeling like "I'm Pretty Much a Genius."

10 comments:
That's awesome! We totally need this for our pantry. I have no idea what food we have in there. Eric thinks it's too expensive, but I think it's totally worth it. And I'm super impressed you did it all yourself!
That is pretty impressive, Maren!
Congrats! That is great. Grant's mom showed me that store in Denver last year. I'm glad they don't have one here--I would go broke.
Well, that's pretty cool that you did that all yourself. I'm impressed...just don't tell Josh because if he saw that you were doing things like this he would say, "Why can't you be like Maren and try doing it yourself." And that would be bad, especially since I really like him doing things for me. haha.
I definitely will have to check out The Container Store. My mom loves it, but I've never been. I think you've convinced me.
Way to go! It looks great! Now you are coming to my kitchen next right? ;)
Haha Brooke! If I waited for my husband to do stuff around here, none of it would be done. And Dustin knows if he takes long enough to do something, I'll do it for him. Sad…. :)
Wow! You are a genius! I have heard great things about the Container Store, but I have never been there. Sounds like I should go check it out.
Dustin should be ashamed of himself! :) Way to go preggo! Organization is such a blissful feeling, isn't it?
Well, I knew you were a genius! ;) But these are pretty dang cool!
You always have the coolest posts.
Post a Comment