Friday, January 15, 2010

Rainy Day Picnic

We usually tend to complain about the heat around here, but not lately. (Let's agree that it's better than having snow, ice and sub zero temps!) I guess we'll just have to put up with our "Texas Winter" for a little while longer. So what do you do when it looks like this outside?:We like to have rainy day picnics and watch movies. (Hence the reason Carson is not interested in looking at the camera.)Also on the agenda is lots of game playing and I'll probably get roped into playing hide and go seek, too. Thank goodness we have some upcoming social engagements (i.e. birthday parties!) to help break up our cabin fever!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Rainy day picnics look fun!

Niki said...

I love those kind of days when we can just have a pajama day and hang out--and not go any where. Enjoy them while you've got 'em because once they go to school, those days where you get to enjoy all of your kids being home are few and far between.

Kasey said...

What a fun idea! I've been brain dead about coming up with fun indoor activities lately. We'll have to do that one.

Jeff and Stephanie said...

Maren I get what you are saying! I have been saying that I would never have a baby in winter if I lived somewhere we couldn't go outside! It gets a little gloomy and I get cabin fever! :) But I love the movie and indoor picnic! I bet the boys had so much fun too! Glad to hear you guys are feeling better!

Sheri said...

Niki and I are so different - days at home drive me crazy. The fewer days were trapped inside all together the better. Your picnic looks fun - eating in the living room is a special treat at our house.