Saturday, October 18, 2008

Finally

When we moved into our house 2 years ago we put up temporary paper shades in our windows while I worked on the curtains and various window coverings. However, we never really knew what to do with our sidelights, and so up until a few weeks ago here's what we had:Pretty sad, we know. It was rather embarrassing, and they were looking well used, to say the least. So finally, FINALLY, we found a solution that would work with our needs for privacy and much needed light into the entry and living room; Vinyl.
Yup, a quick trip to Home Depot got us some nice "etched glass" vinyl, which I created a design out of and installed on our sidelights. It was actually very easy and we've been happy with the result.
And Carson is apparently pretty stoked about them too.

8 comments:

Lauren B. said...

Your windows look great. I am impressed that you did it yourself too.

Amber Grannis said...

Awesome job, Maren! You're a genius!

SD and EJ said...

Those look so nice!! Good job.

starstruck_texan said...

Wow...are you available for hire? I need to do that to my little side window

Rebecca said...

How clever. I like those!

Jeff and Stephanie said...

You are crafty! Got to love an easy fix like that! It changes the look so much! One day we will have "house" projects. :) Although Jeff and I can become opinionated really fast on home stuff so it will be interesting!

Jenn said...

Great Job! They look really nice. Love Carson's smile.

Kristen said...

That looks really good. Way to go!