On Friday, Mason had his 3rd birthday! It's been a crazy couple of weeks around our house, so we kept the birthday celebrations very low key. When I asked Mason what he would like to do for his birthday he said he wanted a "Binana" which I figured out meant a "Piñata." (I was too busy making sure no one sustained any injuries during the "Piñata" portion of his day, so I didn't take any pictures of that, but believe me, they had fun!)
Mason also wanted to invite two little friends over. One of them couldn't make it, but he was happy to have his little buddy Drew to help him celebrate.
We decided to add to our already impressive collection of train tracks for Mason's birthday by getting a cool 4 way switch piece and a round house. They have really enjoyed playing with those new pieces.
Mason also requested a chocolate cake. He found a picture of an octopus cake in a cake magazine, so we made something similar, only it became a monster instead. The kids loved that it had Skittle spots and fruit roll up legs. (I also love in this picture that Drew is helping Mason blow out his candles from way over there!)
Mason's last request was that we have hamburgers for dinner. I planned on having Dustin grill them for us, but Dustin wanted to go out on the town instead. Here's me and my big boy at Smash Burger. Seriously…this kid could never be a model. His smiles for the camera are ridiculous.
After burgers, we decided to take Mason bowling. For about the last 6 months or more any time we would ask Mason what he wanted to do for a date, or family night, or whatever, he always said, "Bowling!" So that's what we did.
And of course he couldn't have been more excited about getting an orange ball!
He had a great 3rd birthday. It seems like he's been 3 for forever, though. I guess that's how it is when you look like the average 4 year old. I love this BIG boy!








1 comment:
I can't believe Mr. Mason is three!! Such a cute little stud! Miss all of these cute boys! Wish we lived closer!
Post a Comment