Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sedona

This past weekend Dustin and I went to Sedona, AZ for a work related vacation. My awesome mother-in-law stayed at home with all the big boys and we took little Hudson with us. It's been a long while since I traveled with such a little baby. (Which was probably with Carson- who flew at 3 weeks old so that we could go to my brother Eric's wedding.) 
The weather was quite nice and Sedona was really pretty. We were pretty limited to what we could do with the baby, but we ate lots of good food and did a little shopping. I didn't take very many pictures, but I knew the boys would like this shot of a fat ol' lizard that we saw.
 I also made Dustin take a picture with me. I now have photographic proof that everyone is lying to me when they tell me how good I look. 
And I'm sure a lot of moms probably would have appreciated a weekend getaway for Mother's Day, but it kinda bummed me out. We didn't get home until a half an hour before bedtime, so I barely had any time to see the kids. And I missed out on being sung to at church by all the primary kids. It's really all I get on Mother's Day anyway, so it made me extra sad to miss it. The boys did give me some cute presents that they each made at school.

Mason actually gets to go to Mother's Day Out with Jensen for the month of May, so even he got to make a little present in his class. I especially love the card made out of his footprint.
Jensen was particularly excited about his Mother's Day coupons. My favorite was his coupon for a joke. His joke was, "Why did the cow cross the street? So that he could go to the Mooo-vies."
Carson wrote several cute pages of notes for me, but this one was the best. He was quite proud of the last answer he wrote.
And Hudson gave me plenty of cute baby smiles. They are becoming rather frequent, and we are all loving them.
I'm very grateful for my mother. And I'm very lucky to be able to say that I have a wonderful mother-in-law. But most of all I'm very thankful that I get to be a mother. The hours are awful and the pay is even worse, but I wouldn't take any other job.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Ha ha! Carson cracks me up! I'm glad you had a chance to get away. Hudson is sure growing up! Keep him little until I can see him in a month!;)

EJ said...

You look better than you think and your baby is still brand new, so you can't be hard on yourself.

I'm with you on the primary children singing. That was, by far, my favorite part of Mother's Day.

I'm glad you got a little vacation (even if there was a baby with you)!