So, I know you're all super jealous of my newest pregnancy equipment.
Due to a lot of pain associated with my separating pelvic bones, my doctor recommended that I get a support band to help relieve the pressure that this baby is creating on my body. So, after a little internet research, Mason and I took a trip to the store and got me this.
I gotta say, I thought it was going to be uncomfortable, but actually, it makes my back and hips feel really good. I guess I didn't realize how much support my back was missing out on. :) The only real problem with wearing this (under my clothes, of course, not like in the picture) is having to go to the bathroom. You know how a pregnant lady's bladder is. Particularly when you're a sweller, like I am, and there is a high amount of fluid intake going on. Going to the bathroom constantly is already a pain, but if the band makes it so that I can actually walk again, I guess I'll just deal with it.
As for Baby Brud #4, he is still all about changing positions. Yesterday at my doctors appointment he was head up (it took the poor nurse forever to find his heartbeat until she finally moved to the top of my uterus instead of the bottom). But I have also felt him doing somersaults and hiccuping with his head down. In fact last night he woke me up at 2 am because he made such a huge movement. I'm nervous about his constant position changes, because if he is still in any breech position come time to deliver, I won't be able to have him vaginally. Major bummer. I pray everyday that he will be cooperative and go into the correct position.
We also get to take another look at him in a couple of weeks. My doctor is anxious about how big he really is, and so she's scheduled me for yet another ultrasound. (His size could also make things difficult if he's huge like Mason AND breech.) I know there is no way to tell how big he actually is, or will be, but I am curious to see what my doctor says.
So, there you have it. An updated pregnancy report on our sure-to-be cutie.


5 comments:
I had that same support band and it really did help a lot. I could barely walk without crying before I got it. You're getting close!
That looks so nice. Wish I would have gotten one. So glad it is helping you!
Glad you found a solution. Can't wait to meet him!
I've heard those bands are wonderful for relieving pain. My sister had to wear one with her last one and she said it was wonderful! But I can see how it's a pain when you are making multiple trips to the bathroom. I hope this guy cooperates with ya and stays in the correct position. I'll be sending good vibes your way :-)
You have the cutest belly!
Post a Comment