One of my friends recently blogged about how she felt she was in a "funk." It was reassuring, because I was feeling it too.
All this past week my kids have been passing around the sniffles. They were nice enough to share with me. (Sniff.) I think this pregnancy may go down as the one where I kept getting sick. I don't typically like to take meds (even when I'm not pregnant) unless it's really bad, so I've just been downing tons of liquid and eating lots of oranges. I forgot how much I like oranges. I had to buy a whole bunch during my grocery store trip yesterday. So good. I digress.
I've also been experiencing pretty constant sciatic nerve pain in my left leg for the past week. This has not been fun. I can't seem to get that "Police" song out of my head…"every step you take, every move you make…" Thankfully, today it has been feeling better. Hooray!
My sleepless nights have already begun. Between the sniffles (sniff), the nerve pain every time I roll over, and getting up to go pee, I can't say it's been a good sleep week. Plus, my Mason really loves to wake up bright and early. He's awake for one reason or another around 5:45am every morning. If he gets out of bed before 6, I take him back to his bed. If it's after 6 when I hear his little feet coming for my room, I let him crawl in bed and snuggle with me. He knows he has to be quiet and try to leave my hair alone. But this morning, he started trying to tell me something. I took his paci out so that I could understand what he was saying. At first I thought he said that dolphins and fish go in the water. But he corrected me saying, "No, dolphins "fim"in the water." And then he went back to being quiet. Makes me wonder what is going on in that cute little head sometimes. The other boys know not to come out of their room until 6:30am. (I'm so glad Carson can read a clock now.)
I was lucky enough to sneak in a couple of naps this week, though. They were much needed and much appreciated. I'm hoping with the sniffles on their way out (sniff) and the nerve pain that seems to be getting better, that I'll have a better week next week. And maybe my birthday date to see Les Miserables at the Alamo Drafthouse tonight will brighten my mood. :)
Friday, January 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment