Friday, February 8, 2013

Jensen's 5th Birthday

So, today is actually not Jensen's 5th birthday. It is, however, my awesome mom's 65th birthday! Jensen's birthday is tomorrow. We celebrated it today, nonetheless. 

It was a perfect, no frills, fun party. We played with his friends at the park, and the weather was wonderful.

I convinced Jensen to have his birthday party at the park by saying we could get a piƱata. He was immediately sold.
We also opened presents. Jensen was awesome at opening gifts, because he got so excited with each one. You know it's a good birthday when everything is "Just what I wanted!!!" It's also a good indication that you're 5. :)
The kids happily ate vegetables and pizza. My awesome mother-in-law was kind enough to pick the pizza up for us, so it was hot and just in time for all those little hungry tummies.
We also had cake. Jensen really wanted a Batman birthday party. (He has probably only ever seen a cartoon of Batman once. At a friends house. I'm pretty sure he knows next to nothing about Batman. But he thinks he's cool, so whatever.) I made the cake the night before, and the boys thought it was great. 
The best part about blowing out the candles was that we had to light them outside- always tricky because of the wind. So as soon as I got all 5 candles lit, and we were in the middle of singing "Happy Birthday to You" Jensen just blew them out. :) Then he proceeded to go and tell all his friends what his wish was…but not any of the moms. 
 It was such a fun morning. Very low stress for me, which made it all the better. I can hardly believe my funny little "Baby J" is 5. Where did that last year go? I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing next year…
Happy Birthday Jensen!!!!!
 

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Mr J! Such a fun Birthday party! Can't believe how fast they grow up.

Sheri said...

Holy cow, can't believe he's 5! Love the cake - you never disaapoint with your deco skills!!