Yeah, I know, "graduating" from preschool seems like a stretch to me, but it was actually cute. The kids did walk in to "Pomp and Circumstance" which was a bit much, but alas, it is
the graduation song. I had to laugh at their little caps they got. Carson had his pulled down on his head so that it didn't really look like a grad cap at all!

The kids sang a little song, they gave them their certificates and a bible (since they attend a Baptist program) and they had a slide show. Afterwards they had cake and refreshments. Carson told me, "Graduating is so fun!"

Here's Carson and a couple of his friends from Primary who were also in his class at school. The poor kid. Practically ALL of the kids his age are girls! Good thing he gets along so well with them!

And these are Carson's teachers, Ms. Letha and Ms. Belinda. Ms. Belinda was Carson's teacher last year, and she had had some of the kids in their class for 3 years straight. She was a little emotional today. Honestly, as silly as a preschool graduation sounds, I was getting a little choked up. It's still strange that Carson is going to Kindergarten in the fall. How did he get so big?
3 comments:
Preschool graduations--just the beginning of your emotional roller coaster as a mom. I think when these milestones receive so much fanfare, they make it so much more apparent to us as parents that our kids are growing up way too fast and time is flying by. I was teary-eyed at the boys' preschool graduation; Ben was in a play at school last year that I was practically bawling at; not to mention all the Primary Programs etc. Sis. McCoy told me one time "many" years ago that once my kids started going to school, life would just fly by. And it is so true. I love seeing the joy that they have in life at the different stages, but a lot of times, I want to drag my feet and hold on to them a bit longer than I actually have.
It's not silly at all! It's a big deal for them (and for you). How crazy that you're going to have a kindergartner.
Congrats Carson! I love that preschools do this...after all, they won't get to do it again for 13 years!
Post a Comment