Saturday, May 7, 2011

I Forgot

I forgot to post the pictures of Easter! I mean, I know I posted the cute shots of us all dolled up for church in our matching outfits, but these are the boys coloring eggs and showing off what the Easter Bunny gave them.

Coloring eggs was fun this year. We sprinkled grated up crayons over the hot eggs and watched the color melt onto the shells.The boys had fun, and it was pretty low mess, so I was happy. We only did 4, because I didn't want to be wasteful. Dustin and I don't like eggs, and although our boys eat scrambled eggs, they've never had a hard boiled egg before. The sad part was that I had to call my mom to ask how to boil an egg. (My dad was laughing hysterically when I asked…) We did let the boys try their eggs, though. They didn't like them (of course- they're nasty!!!!!) so they ended up just crushing them up and making a huge mess. Thankfully they were at Grandma Brudnicki's house for that part. :)They were pretty excited about the chocolate bunnies and new movie. If you can believe it, we don't have any "princess movies" at our house. Well, NOW we do! I thought Tangled was adorable, and my boys love it.They also had an Easter egg hunt at their grandma's house. She hid tons of eggs and filled them with way too much candy…they loved every second of it. :)

3 comments:

EJ said...

We had to google how to hard boil an egg, so you're not the only one!

Sheri said...

I remember doing an egg hunt at Grandma Brudnicki's a few years ago! Love the tye dyed eggs, I've wondered how messy those are. And we don't like hard boiled eggs either. And we don't have any girl movies at our house. And every year I have to call my mom to ask her how to boil eggs for easter. Ah Maren, I miss you!

Kim said...

What handsome boys!! Can't believe how big Mason is - woah! And Carson is on to kindergarten this fall! They grow up so fast. Loved your idea for coloring eggs... We will definitely have to try that next year. We aren't fans of boiled eggs either so two each is just about right for our kiddos too! :-)