Friday, February 4, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a White… February?

It actually happened. Snow in Texas. Dustin always gets upset (along with everyone else that has lived in the cold before) because everything shuts down when we get ice or snow. But it's for a good reason. Actually, a couple of reasons. First, I think it's because we haven't been acclimated. Seriously, it was almost 80 degrees on Sunday. Then there's the driving. People here have no idea how to drive in this, like the guy in his rear wheel drive Mustang trying to go up an icy freeway on ramp that they kept showing on the news all morning. Yeah, prime example. And it's not just the drivers. Since we get weather like this once every couple of years, they simply don't have the equipment to prep or properly treat the roads. So it is a real mess. Thankfully, I don't have to go anywhere today, so we're staying home and playing in the pitiful amount of snow that we have. As long as my power doesn't go out and we have heat, today will be a fun break from the norm.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Ha. You should live here--we don't have any snow!! (Just wanted to rub it in because I know how much you guys LOVE snow) (:

Jenn said...

Cute! We don't have any snow here, i guess it all went your way. Stay warm!