We had to laugh at Carson and Lusia, who looked like they planned out their brown and red outfits together! And Steph kept getting a big kick out of Jensen, who, when she asked him how he got so cute, he would respond, "Because my mom loves me!"Thursday, November 25, 2010
Gobble, Gobble
This year we had Thanksgiving at our house, since we weren't traveling, and my mother-in-law was out of town. It turned out to be a very enjoyable experience. The boys and I had a little fun making table decorations/crafts. This is Carson's homemade placemat and place card.
My biggest concern was having to cook the turkey, since I have never had the honor of doing it. I was half scared, half excited. Fortunately, I had lots of encouragement and help from my mom via the phone! I ended up brining the bird all night, then roasting it in a bag with fresh herbs. I don't want to brag or anything, but it turned out AWESOME!!!!! I feel like I have "arrived."
Since it was just us and Grandpa Brudnicki, we invited over our friends the Langi's. Not only did we get to enjoy the company of good friends, but Steph and I were able to divide and conquer the food. (Mmmm, and conquer we did.)
We had to laugh at Carson and Lusia, who looked like they planned out their brown and red outfits together! And Steph kept getting a big kick out of Jensen, who, when she asked him how he got so cute, he would respond, "Because my mom loves me!"
And here's me and the boys. Mason really didn't get to enjoy any of his first Thanksgiving dinner, but he sure was an angel the whole time. We sure do love this boy.
We have so many things to be thankful for, way too many to even write down! Hope everyone else had a wonderful day - Happy Thanksgiving!
We had to laugh at Carson and Lusia, who looked like they planned out their brown and red outfits together! And Steph kept getting a big kick out of Jensen, who, when she asked him how he got so cute, he would respond, "Because my mom loves me!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving! What a beautiful table and turkey. So glad it came out delicious (however, I'm not too surprised:)
Congrats on the turkey! Some day when I have to cook one(hopefully far in the future), I'll be calling you for pointers.
Post a Comment