And these were some of our animals. Carson is a horse (even though it kinda looks like a giraffe…) and Jensen is our funny cow. They had a great time dressing up for our Ward Trunk or Treat last night.

Here's our other farm animal- our little baby chick. He was super good the whole time- love this baby!

In conjunction with the Trunk or Treat, our Young Women did a Silent Cake Auction for a girls camp fundraiser. We had a very successful year this year. Here was my entry entitled "Death by Chocolate." It fetched a pretty penny, too. (It was a stacked 4 tier chocolate cake with chocolate whipped cream filling covered in chocolate ganache and topped with assorted chocolate candy.)

And this was the cake that came home with us. Isn't it adorable? Can you believe a 14 year old young woman made this? Plus, it was super yummy. When Dustin saw it, he just had to have it. And that was why it was the most expensive cake sold at the auction- he would NOT be outbid! (Good thing it was for a fundraiser and a good cause, because otherwise I would have never paid so much for a cake!!!!) :)
5 comments:
You are so talented. I want to be like you when I grow up! The other cake is so cute. What a cute idea. Your boys are adorable as well. Happy Halloween (:
Per usual, your whole family was darling! I wondered who made that chocolate-lover's dream of a cake. Very nice, Maren! I didn't see what the final bid was on Kate's "cheese" cake, but I heard it did very well. Haha! Had no idea it was Dustin's winning bid. I think the cake auction just gets better every year!
I can verify that your cake did earn the title "Death by Chocolate" -- it was very chocolately, just like I like it!! I might have to head down to Terri's today for another piece.
Wow! Kyle Ward don't mess around!
So cute! Feel free to crash ours this Saturday!
Wow what a cake! Love the cake you came home with and love the costumes! very cute!
Post a Comment