Friday, April 2, 2010

Dying Eggs

This is actually the first Easter that I've attempted dying eggs with my kids. (First of all, because they can be such a huge mess- especially with little helpers. Secondly, because we don't eat hard boiled eggs- bleh!) But I saw the coolest idea on a friends blog that showed how to make simple tye dyed eggs. Plus, Grandma and Grandpa (and some other relatives) will gladly eat them come Easter dinner!
Obviously, the boys had fun and we only had one egg fatality (Jensen didn't quite understand the whole "gentle" idea!) And it was a breeze to do and clean! Thanks Kim Dover for posting how to do this!
For more detailed instructions check out here.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Cute and fun idea! Glad your having a blast in St.George! Cant wait to see you guys! BTW, love the baby bump :)

Jen said...

Cool idea!!! We usually don't dye eggs either - bleah! ;)

Kim said...

Your boys are adorable- so handsome- i love that last pic! And I am so glad that you guys had success with the eggs too!

starstruck_texan said...

Looks like fun. I read another idea to put the eggs in whisks to dye them. It keeps them safe from falling out of the holders, and that way younger kids can actually do them.