Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend of Note...

We had a busy weekend.

Good, but a bit busy.

Saturday evening we went to our ward's Trunk-or-Treat/Chili Cookoff. I have never seen so many people smashed into our poor little building! It was so great. There was, of course, the chili (I made some, but Dustin said the reason I didn't win was because the judges probably didn't get any of mine- it went fast and all we brought home was an empty crock pot!) which was accompanied by miles of cinnamon rolls (Dustin made some, and they were yummy, so of course we didn't bring any of those home either) and there was homemade root beer, too.

Then there was the costume contest. It was so great to see SO many people dressed up. We took home the "Best Dressed Family" award for the second year in a row (but we have to admit that the Simmons family who dressed up as characters from Peter Pan should have won- they looked great!)
Here we are as the characters from Toy Story. Carson is Woody, Jensen is Buzz Lightyear (albeit a very grumpy Buzz since he missed out on his nap and was a total wreck that night!) I'm dressed as Jessie, and Dustin is Bullseye (kinda hard to tell in this picture).

We also had carnival games and finally the Trunk-or-Treat (where you trick or treat in the parking lot out of everyone's trunks instead of houses- it is the best idea ever!) It was fun (would have been better had Jensen's mood been happier) but we were sure glad to get home and to bed!

Then this morning at church we had our Primary Presentation. The children (ages 3-11) share with the ward what they've learned in Primary this past year by giving talks, scriptures and singing. It was Carson's 1st program. Since I play the piano in Primary I missed out on seeing him. But I sure heard him, and continued to hear about how Carson did from everyone who saw me in the halls at church! They put all the smallest kids up front, and of course, they had a microphone , which was right in front of Carson. Apparently, during the songs, Carson just grabbed onto the mic and sung his little heart out. (Fortunately, Carson is a very good little singer, and he knew all the words to all the songs!) Dustin was cracking up at him the whole time and so many people told me how much they loved Carson's little performance! (We really wished we could have recorded it...)

So even though we were busy, it was a very good busy.

5 comments:

Jen said...

It WAS a terrific weekend!!! :D And Carson was awesome! :D

Sheri said...

You're the cutest Jessie I ever saw! You guys look great!!! We had our primary program today to - I love seeing all the funny things kids do up there.

Jenn said...

Cute costumes!!! You all look so great. That is pretty funny about Carson at the Primary program, wish I have seen that.

The Mrs. and The Momma said...

Don't know if Dustin told you, but my mom absolutely LOVED Carson! She wanted to take him home with her!

Niki said...

So cute! I want to grow up to be like you!! One day I'll sew my own stuff. Good job. You have a lucky family!