Friday, June 26, 2009
For My Dad
My dad worked for Nabisco pretty much my whole life. So we always had what seemed like an endless supply of cookies and crackers at our disposal. Sometimes we even got to try the new product lines before they hit the stores. (It was rough, let me tell you!) But this also meant that we never, and I mean NEVER bought the competitors brand. (I still rarely buy Keebler products due to my childhood brainwashing. :) ) But there was one exception. Mother's Iced Animal Cookies. You know, the pink and white iced cookies with sprinkles on top? And we only bought them on special occasions. My dad used to get so mad and say something along the lines of "I can't figure out why Nabisco doesn't just make 'Iced Barnum's Animal Crackers.' They would be so good." Eventually my dad retired from Nabisco, and low and behold Nabisco is finally making these:
And guess what? They are SO GOOD! (Albeit very messy.)

Dad, this post was just for you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Ah, the memories of those Mother's Iced Animal Crackers. So is your dad gonna get a percentage from Nabisco? ;)
That is so funny! Eric gets so mad at me if I try to buy something non-Nabisco. I love to argue with him that Keebler graham crackers are better than Nabisco (even though I really couldn't care less) because he has such a strong opinion about it. He will be so excited about these!
That's so cute! I heard that the "other guys" went out of business and stopped making them. Your boys are adorable. And we had (still do have, actually) similar things with my dad's employer.
Amber- I don't think so...if he were getting a cut from this he might actually retire for real!
Steph- How dare you say that Keebler's graham crackers are better- yuck!
Regan- I saw that Mother's went down. Sad...maybe that's why Nabisco finally picked these up - no competition!
I remember plenty of Sunday school lessons, and the (very few) firesides I was at where your dad would bribe us all there with food. I could do similar bribery if only the youth wanted Heathly Choice...
Mmmm...Oreos!
That's funny!! The other day, my boys asked for those pink & white cookies (I don't know if we got Nabisco brand or not) but anyway, I bought them and they were good. I hadn't had them in years!! Anyway, I thought your post was funny!
Post a Comment