Even though I knew doing this would be a big sacrifice for me and my family, I also knew that I would have a great time.. The kids worked so hard at our service projects without complaints.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Forever Young
So this past weekend I had the opportunity to be a counselor at our stake Youth Conference. They wanted to create an EFY type experience, so from Thursday evening until Saturday afternoon I was with my girls. We ate together, went to classes together, drove together, and they even slept at my house. It was great. I was so thrilled to have such awesome girls.
The youth in general were so much fun to work with. The dances were awesome! I totally get why my dad, who served as a bishop when I was a youth, loved to attend the youth dances. It was hilarious to watch these kids.
And thank goodness for Brooke (who was also serving as a counselor). I was so glad I had someone to share the laughs with (including getting asked to dance by boys half my age!)
Even though I knew doing this would be a big sacrifice for me and my family, I also knew that I would have a great time.. The kids worked so hard at our service projects without complaints.
And they shared such great testimonies, whether in our morning or nightly devotionals, workshops, or in their final testimony meeting. It was a special opportunity, not only for the youth, but for those of us who got to be surrounded by such fine spirits.
Even though I knew doing this would be a big sacrifice for me and my family, I also knew that I would have a great time.. The kids worked so hard at our service projects without complaints.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It definitely was a lot of fun and a great experiences. Great memories!
That looks like a great experience! Those girls are lucky to have you for a leader!
SO FUN! Being in YW is the best!
How fun! I love the callings with the girls, seeing as I don't do that stuff at my house having all boys!
SO cool! I wish my stake did that!
Post a Comment