Saturday, February 14, 2009

20 Things About My Man

A little bit about my Dustin...he's gonna love this.

1. When did you meet your husband?
In 2000, while working at Feature Films for Families in Orem. (You know, those annoying people who call you when you're doing something important and want to sell you 'Rigaletto' and 'The Buttercream Gang' so your kids can watch clean movies while you're trying to get other important things done.)

2. How long did you date before you got married?
2 months. But we knew each other for over a year before we got married. We were friends at work, and I had to quit for a couple of months because I got sick, but when I came back he was still there. He had a girlfriend then, and I was kinda waiting for a missionary to come home, so it was a safe relationship. Until he broke up with the girl, and the missionary and I went separate ways, and then it was all over! Actually, we didn't start dating until after he moved into the Riv, and then we pretty much spent all our time together, before, during and after work.

3. How long have you been married?
Just celebrated anniversary #7.

4. What does he do to surprise you?
He likes to jump out and scare me... which usually ends with me getting mad at him for scaring me! I have also occasionally been surprised with flowers and even tickets to a Broadway show once.

5. What is your favorite physical feature of his?
His sideburns. I hate when he cuts them.

6. What is your favorite quality of his?
I love that he is so smart. Especially in things that I am not smart in.

7. Does he have a nickname for you?
Babes. And Mar.

8. What is his favorite food?
It's a toss up between Burnt Almond Fudge Ice Cream and rice.

9. What is his favorite sport?
Probably golf- to play anyway. He also likes to play and watch basketball, and of course he loves his college sports (football and basketball).

10. When and where did you first kiss?
Outside my apartment at the Riviera on some late summer night (or early summer morning- however you want to look at it) in July of 2001.

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
Shopping. And eating out. (I know, we have such dull personalities!) Oh wait...we like to look at houses- finished or under construction, we love to snoop in them!

12. Do you have children?
Just 2 of the most perfect kids on the planet! Carson is 3 and a half and Jensen is one.

13. Does he have any hidden talents?
Dustin is actually a pretty good cook. Unfortunately his cleaning skills are completely lacking, so he's not allowed to cook very often in my kitchen.

14. How old is he?
He turns the BIG 3-0 on March 9- so don't forget to rib him about it!

15. Who said I love you first?
He did, shockingly enough. I knew I had to wait, otherwise I would have scared the living *#^@! out of him. Lucky for me, he didn't take too long to come around.

16. What is his favorite music?
He loves to listen to country. And he likes to think he's a gangster sometimes and listens to rap. So pretty much his favorite music is crap.

17. What do you admire most about him?
I love that he has a spirit of generosity. He really wants to help people, especially when he knows they are going through rough times.

18. What is his favorite color?
I don't think he has one. He likes to wear blue.

19. Will he read this?
Eventually.

20. People I tag...
Whoever wants to! (Thanks to my sister-in-law, Stephanie for throwing this out there a couple of months ago!)

2 comments:

Regan said...

Aww, sweet! And you guys lived right across the street from Brent and I at pretty much the same time (we got married in July 2001 and moved out of the Glenwood)!

Lauren B. said...

That was fun to read! You guys make a great couple!