Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pinewood Derby

This past weekend was our ward's Pinewood Derby and the scouts invited the Elder's Quorum to participate again this year. So Dustin busted out his record holding car (from last year) and put it to the test. Unfortunately only one other Elder joined him so the bragging rights weren't nearly as impressive. But, as always, Dustin's car came out on top.

We also had our EQ bonfire social that night, so here are some pictures of Jensen and Dad, as well as Carson checking out the Simmons's chickens! Fun times.

7 comments:

SD and EJ said...

EJ loves pinewood derby's too! He was so proud of himself because last year he made his car totally from scratch and even custom painted it with real car paint. It really was quite impressive.

Rebecca said...

Yay Dustin! Randy always wins the chili cookoff here at Halloween, so we know how it feels to keep your title! And Maren, you have such cute boys!

Michelle said...

Go Dustin! Cute pictures of your boys. It looks like it was a fun party.

Maren and Dustin said...

I guess I should have posted that Dustin's car is the silver one on the left, just beating the really cool looking car on the right.

Derek and Edon said...

Pinewood derby was never worked out for me, I am not sure I even won a race. Did you drink milk after your win like in NASCAR?

Jeff and Stephanie said...

What is it with boys and their pinewood derby cars??? Got to love it! But not as much as I love the Jane Austen quiz! PS - I love Sense and Sensibility so I love that you are Elinor Dashwood!

Lacy King said...

Dustin I hope you feel good about beating all the other little scouts. Now you can brag to the weblows (or whatever they are called).