Yes, to all of those out there still wondering if I am still with child, I am. For those of you who don't know I went into labor at 35 weeks, 6 days and 20 hours. :) So, since I had not yet reached my 36 week minimum, they loaded me with drugs for 12 hours and stopped my labor. I've been dialated to 4 cm for nearly 3 weeks now, and everytime I go to the doctor I get the same old, "Well, you haven't changed. But the baby could come any time. I hope I see you before next Wednesday!" And to top off already being anxious enough (anyone who has ever been 9 months pregnant understands this) my awesome mom came last week to help us out. She didn't intend to come so early, but because I could "go into labor at any time" she wanted to be here to maximize her services. So now both of us are sitting around waiting for this kid to get here!
It's not all bad, however. Mom has proved to be very helpful. We've finished up lots of little projects, and started some new ones, including making a whole new bedding set for our master bedroom. We almost painted my bedroom too, but decided that sleeping in there with all the fumes was probably not good for me and the UNBORN CHILD! Did I mention that I'm anxious for him to come? Anyway, I hope that Dustin will soon be posting new pictures of baby Jensen. Feel free to pass along any good ideas for kick starting labor. We've tried several, and don't even suggest castor oil - I'll never be that anxious.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You poor thing! I'm glad you at least have your mom there to keep you busy. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
I hope your little guy comes soon! We can't wait to see a picture of him. Good luck with everything.
The last couple of weeks are always TORTURE! I am so impatient by the time I hit 38 weeks. I used castor oil with my first and it worked...though I don't think I'll ever be able to drink a milk shake from Sonic again. (That's what I used to "mask" the taste of the castor oil.) I wish I had some sure-fire tricks to send your way, but the more kids I have the more I realize these little babies can be quite stubborn and will only come out when they are good and ready! Sure am glad your mom's there to help keep your mind off of it! I'll be checking your blog for pictures of baby Jensen...hopefully soon!! Hang in there, girl.
Well, I am no expert but I have had three kids. And I was enduced with Kaylee so she doesn't really count. But, with both the boys, I was at a 3 and 80% efaced at 38 weeks. I will try and say this with tact by quoting my doctor for you: "Go home, have sex, and I will see you at the hospital tomorrow." I got those two out by following his advice! Good luck!!
Post a Comment