Thursday, August 14, 2014

Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming...

This month we signed the boys up for swim lessons. They didn't get to have lessons last summer (the summer-that-must-not-be-named) so they had basically forgotten everything they had ever learned. They are doing well, though, and Dustin and I have decided that maybe for this year we need to continue through part, or all of the school year so that there will be no more memory lapses and we can feel confident that these boys can swim for real.

This is actually Mason's first shot at lessons. It's been kind of a pain with his class, because I don't think he's had the same teacher twice, and earlier this week, his "teacher" didn't even show. Nice, huh. Because of that, they aren't really doing anything new or challenging, they just keep getting the same first lesson over and over again. But so far he's having fun and wants to "go to swim lessons all the time." :)
 I couldn't be more pleased with the teacher we got for Carson and Jensen's semi-private lessons. She's really pushing them to do things that teachers in the past haven't done with them. 
Jensen is proving to be the most natural in the water (and probably is the one who enjoys it the most). I can't tell you how happy we are to see them actually learning to put their heads under the water! Just keep swimming boys.

1 comment:

SD and EJ said...

Mason's swim class sounds like Ashlyn's last year. She learned absolutely nothing. So annoying! We haven't had time for lessons this summer, so I think I'm going to do them at an indoor pool during the winter.