Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First days of School

 My bigs boys had their first day of school yesterday. They decided the night before that they wanted me to drive them to school instead of riding the bus on the first day. Actually, Jensen wanted to ride the bus, but Carson wanted me to take him. 

So, we got up with plenty of time to get ready, and walked out to take our picture and were greeted by everyone waiting at the bus stop at the end of our driveway. Last year the bus came at 6:40- which was kinda brutal. I think they were one of the first stops, but they didn't get home until 3:40, which I think made them one of the last stops home. Guess someone wised up and realized how unfair that was, and now their bus pick up time is at 7! (It was a glorious thing not to have to wake them up until 6:30 this morning!) 
 I also didn't protest too much with the 1st day drop-off, because I realized that I forgot to take pictures with their new teachers at Meet the Teacher Night last week. Carson is over the moon about his 3rd grade teacher, Miss McGrath. She student taught in his 2nd grade class, and was then hired by the school to teach 3rd this year. He loves her, and he was also SUPER excited to have his two best buddies from his class last year in his class again. (And can I just say this picture cracks me up. #1- Carson has really grown this summer and #2- Miss McGrath is super short!) 
Jensen seems to like his new 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Needham. He only had a couple of kids in his class from last year, but as he explained to me in the car on the way to school, "I think my friends are all moving up to 1st grade with me, even if we're not in the same class." (And this picture kills me too- he looks so unbelievably old. Also, I caught some poor kid crying on his dad's shoulder in the background!)
The boys did ride the bus home that afternoon, which kinda made me upset, because they're supposed to be dropped off at 3:40, but the bus was running super late, and they didn't get dropped off time after 3:50. Normally, it's not a big deal, but we were in the car, sitting in the driveway waiting for them because we had to take Mason to a swimming lesson at 4. I sure hope they don't normally get dropped off that late!
As for the 1st day of school update:
Carson said his day was, and I quote him, "Totally Epic! It was just like 2nd grade."
Jensen said he had a good day and that it went by fast.
Mason spent the whole day asking who he was supposed to play with. (Apparently Hudson isn't an option.)

No comments: