Friday, May 2, 2014

Walnut Palooza and Stuff

First of all, I was brave enough to make another attempt to cut Hudson's hair. It turned out much better this time. I just used the clippers on the back and then I had to blend it with scissors. That part wasn't so much fun, but I learned that if I sat him on the bathroom counter in front of the mirror and gave him a bunch of Q-tips to play with, he was still enough for me to use the scissors without taking a chunk out of his ear.
The boys had a school fundraiser last night called "Walnut Palooza." (They go to Walnut Springs.) It was quite the event, and the boys had fun. I helped out by donating a cake for the cake walk. It's a peanut butter cake with chocolate buttercream and a tiger stripe (because their mascot is a tiger) design made out of Reeses Pieces. Little hard to give that one up without cutting into it and taking a big ol' bite!
Jensen and Carson tried and tried their hand at the cake walk, but they didn't win anything. Maybe next year... 
 They had tons of games for the kids to play. Jensen was the only one with enough patience to wait 15 minutes in line to have a go in the human hamster ball. By the end of his run, he got the hang of it.


 They also had some pretty cool bouncy slides and stuff. My boys had a great time on the super slide- it had quite the steep drop! I was surprised to see Carson go down!
 Poor Hudson had to stay strapped into his stroller the whole time. We did feed him popcorn and cookies and he was entertained by everything going on around him, but by the end of the night he was done. 

1 comment:

SD and EJ said...

That cake is amazing!