We don't usually do anything worthy of notation on Cinco de Mayo, but hey, we live in Texas, and many Mexican traditions run deep here. So tonight we did a little piñata smacking after our Family Home Evening. Someone who Dustin knows from work gave this to him today, so we stuffed it full of leftover Easter candy and the boys had a grand time hitting it. And I love the good piñatas from Mexico (apparently the guy that gave it to Dustin just got back from a weekend trip there) because they are super heavy duty. It took us a long time to finally break into it.
I love Jensen's face. I think he considered this batting practice for his game tomorrow night.
Carson, of course, did a fair amount of damage.
Hudson really wanted in on the action, so we let him take some swings. :) I got down and helped him hit the piñata with the bat and he was just grinning the whole time. Can he please just stay little…please?
Sometimes it hits me, much like a bat to a piñata, that all these little boys are mine. I love spending time with them, together as a family. They may not remember this Family Home Evening when we hit a piñata outside after filling out a pedigree chart together, but I hope that someday they look back and remember that we spent time together as a family, and that we were happy.





1 comment:
Your boys are super cute!
Post a Comment