Saturday, April 12, 2014

Our First Ever Cub Scout Pinewood Derby

 Carson participated in his first Pinewood Derby last night. He had fun making his car and enjoyed the great races that our ward held.
Carson didn't want anything too fancy. He kept his design simple and knew exactly how he wanted to paint it. Blue sides, and a white top adorned with a BYU "Y."
 The funniest thing was that when his buddy saw Carson's car at their early weigh-in, he had to have a BYU car, too. They are both adorable!
Aside from looking great, Carson's car, dubbed "The Cougar," performed very well. He came in 2nd during most of his heats. (His is the white blur on the track!)
I think this was the race where his car came in 1st. He was so excited- he was dancing and frolicking spastically across the gym. I sure hope the gal acting as the ward "paparazzi" got some shots of that!
I spent the evening starting the races (which was the best job) while my amazing MIL chased my little guys around and even managed to get the above pictures. Since I was starting the races, Carson attempted to take a video of his car racing. In hindsight, I should have gotten someone to record it who wasn't so excited about the outcome! After a couple of tries, he finally got this video. It was the one race where he came in 3rd. Anywho- it was a fun evening!

1 comment:

SD and EJ said...

I think Eric will be more excited for the pinewood derby than Cohen. Carson's car is awesome!