Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hey Batter, Batter!

My big boys have been playing baseball for a couple of weeks now. They both seem to like it, although they really wanted to play basketball (which isn't in season right now). This is the first team sports experience Jensen has had. He was slated to play soccer a year and a half ago, but broke his finger right before the season started, so we didn't have him play due to his cast. So far, he's had a fun time, and he has a very enthusiastic coach.
This is Carson's 2nd season playing baseball, but he had a year off in between. He likes it, but it's definitely not "his sport." While he does fine hitting and throwing the ball (when he remembers he's supposed to throw it instead of running with it in his hand) he still struggles with catching. But he has shown some improvement in this area, especially since the last time he played baseball.

I know it's fun for my kids and its good for them to participate in team sports, but all in all, I'm not much of a fan. Mostly because I'm the one getting everything and everyone ready to get out the door on time, including everyone who has to go who is not playing. And it has been our experience so far, that I am the adult doing all the practices/games, while dragging the younger ones along, AND doing it solo. It kinda sucks all the fun out of it when I'm forced to do it this way. Hope these boys appreciate it someday.

No comments: