It hardly seems right that Hudson is 4 months old now. We had quite a bit to discuss with the pediatrician at his well check this week. It was very apparent that Hudson was allergic to dairy, so the doctor put him on a special hypoallergenic formula called Nutramigen. It is yucky. Really yucky. And expensive. But he is doing better on it. We just have to give him more of it now. He's also been on medication for acid reflux, and that has been helping him as well.
Hudson is still pretty skinny. He didn't gain much weight this month, and he's had a really hard time sleeping, so we've upped the number of ounces he's eating and we got the green light to start him on solids. (So far, he's not a big fan. Sigh.) Right now he weighs 13lbs 8oz, which only puts him in the 12% for his age. But he's plenty long and he's got a good sized melon.
As for his other milestones, he learned to roll during the past month, and he's finally started to laugh. The boys adore him still, and Hudson is clear about showing his affection for them as well. Hudson has also taken a liking to Daddy, which is quite nice for me! He is also proving to be just as big of a talker as the others. Carson is constantly trying to decode what Hudson is saying. :) I actually got a cute picture of my handsome boys the other day- we even got Hudson to flash us a smile!
I realized on the 21st that I hadn't taken a picture of my 4 month old boy, so I snapped this quick one before he went to bed. Ahhhh, there is nothing quite like snuggling a sleeping baby. (Now lets just hope he does a lot more of this in the months to come!)



4 comments:
Such a cute picture of those four boys!! I'm sorry Hudson has had a hard time; Brant was really hard to figure out too, but he has finally outgrown (for the most part) his reflux and besides the no nap thing, he is a dream baby. Hopefully Hudson will be too soon!
Sometimes I don't like food. It frustrates me. With so many people with likes/dislikes and allergies and intolerances, sometimes I feel like water is the only safe thing to ingest. I'm sorry dairy is giving him troubles. Supposedly (and I'm sure you already know this) they grow out of them at some point, and I hope it happens for you. But it is amazing how quickly they grow once their tummies start feeling better and can heal and start absorbing food.
My son was also on Nutramigen and did really well on it. While his milk allergy did lessen, he had a test at 18 that determined that he is so lactose intolerant that even the Lactaid products won't help him. But at least his skin no longer breaks out in a rash when touched by milk products! Be patient, it will get better!
Oh my goodness, I had no idea Hudson was having those problems! Dustin had mentioned that you had to put him on formula. That stinks that it's so expensive! I really hope he starts feeling better! Weston is on reflux medicine too and it seems all it's done for him is make him spit up more! The pediatrician said not to worry because Weston is gaining weight like a champ (he was 13 lbs 15 oz at his 2 month check up) so she said he's obviously not hurting for food even though it seems he spits most of it up. Hudson sure is a cutie and looks like your boys all love him to death!
Post a Comment