Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Fourth Of July!

How cute is this? Funny thing is that Carson pointed out that although Hudson was made in America, his shirt was made in China. Go figure.
We always have a nice Independence Day. Maybe that's because for years now we have made it a point to invite friends over for a meal and then we watch fireworks. We don't get crazy, but I love to get together with fun people, let the kids run wild (without me getting too upset at them) and have a relaxed celebration. This year we switched it up and had friends over for lunch instead of dinner, because Dustin was playing in a golf tournament in the afternoon.
 We ate food, the kids played, the adults chatted. All good.
 Then we chilled during the afternoon. After feeding the kids dinner, I let my boys get their swimsuits on and I sprayed them in the backyard with the hose. Perfect way to cool off. Hudson and I chillin' in a chair, and the boys running through the water. But when it got dark, we headed over to a neighbors yard to watch fireworks. We decided to venture a little more off the path than normal and found a great spot for viewing the fireworks this year. 
 And I gotta thank my friend Steph for all the cute photos and of course her fabulous company today.
I'm thankful to live in a choice land. It makes me sad to see people who will trade their freedoms for what they think will be convenience or security, but I know that this is still the finest nation on the planet. I hope and pray that my children will live to see many years of independence still.

No comments: