Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Activities

We haven't gone too crazy with the holiday activities, but we've enjoyed a few fun things. A couple of weekends ago Dustin and I took the kids (including our to-be-sister-in-law's niece) out to Johnson City to see these amazing lights. It was like daylight under the canopy of lit branches. Very pretty. Wish I could say the same about Dustin's photography skills.

Last weekend we had our ward Christmas party. Truth be told, our kids already know that Santa isn't real, but they are totally okay with waiting in line with all the other kids to get a candy cane. We also enjoyed a tasty dinner and the kids had lots of fun doing some Christmas crafts and shooting marshmallow guns.
This last one really isn't an activity, but it does involve our Christmas tree. Apparently, Mason decided to take a dive off the chair and thought the tree would be a nice place to fall. This picture makes it look tame, but lets face it, when you drop 35lbs on to something, it leaves a noticeable mark. (Not only did he take out a bunch of ornaments, but he bent the branches pretty badly. I'm not sure I can fix it. Next year I'll be able to hide the damage fairly easily, but as for this year, we may have to be stuck with looking at the hole, since I really don't have the energy to turn the tree around and re-decorate it. Sigh.)
The tree left a few marks on Mason, too. Looks like he went face first into the branches.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

This post made me laugh! Poor Mr Mason. He is such a cutie! 4 more days!!!